রবিবার, ২ জুন, ২০১৩

When Japanese feel marriage has passed them by

Advertisement

????????????
I really should find more cheery topics for Sundays, but perhaps more cheery might imply less interesting? Today?s blues from goo Ranking was the moments that people think ?My marriageable age has passed!?, for both women and men.

Demographics

Over the 4th and 5th of April 2013 1,101 members of the goo Research online monitor group completed a private internet-based questionnaire. 50.6% of the sample were male, 23.3% in their teens, 25.2% in their twenties, 25.5% in their thirties, and 26.1% in their forties; there was no-one older than 49 in this sample. Note that the score in the results refers to the relative number of votes for each option, not a percentage of the total sample.

Looking at the male list as one who got married a bit later in life (aged 36), I can certainly identify with number one and the second number five.

Searching flickr for an appropriate photo produced the photo above, the best of a rather eclectic selection!

Ranking results

Q1: When do you feel ?My marriageable age has passed!?? (Sample size=544, female)

Rank ? Score
1 When all the guys I think ?He?s nice!? about turn out to be already in a relationship, or have a wife and kids 100
2 When I get called ?old lady? 71.2
3 When all my good friends are married and I?m the only one left single 69.5
4= When I split up with my long-term boyfriend 61.0
4= When I can no longer form a relationship 61.0
6 When I get chatted up less and less 59.3
7 When I?m the only single person at a class reunion 55.9
8 When I notice the obvious difference between how guys treat me and how they treat young women 54.2
9 When female coworkers of the same age keep quitting to get married, start a family 47.5
10 When my parents suggest ?Why don?t you try a marriage introduction?? 42.4
11= When I feel that my pet is cuter that guys 35.6
11= When the second marriage dash is over 35.6
13= When I feel I?m getting invited to less go-kon dating parties 32.2
13= When friends stop asking ?You?re not married?? 32.2
15= When I buy a flat, other major purchase by myself 27.1
15= When people express concern at drinking parties by saying ?Don?t worry, you?re still young!? 27.1
17 When there is no-one to enjoy Christmas, etc, with 23.7
18 When my parents say ?You shouldn?t be so particular!? 22.0
19 When guys stop buying me lunch 20.3
20 When girls? nights out with other unmarried friends become more frequent 18.6

Q2: When do you feel ?My marriageable age has passed!?? (Sample size=557, male)

Rank ? Score
1 When all the girls I think ?She?s nice!? about turn out to be already in a relationship, or are married 100
2 When I get called ?old man? 93.2
3 When I can no longer form a relationship 67.8
4 When I?m the only single person at a class reunion 66.1
5= When girls stop asking me out 57.6
5= When all the people around me are married and I?m the only one left single 57.6
7 When I split up with my long-term girlfriend 49.2
8 When my parents suggest ?Why don?t you try a marriage introduction?? 47.5
9 When friends stop asking ?You?re not married?? 40.7
10 When going for drinks with other unmarried friends become more frequent 37.3
11= When I notice the obvious difference between how girls treat me and how they treat young men 35.6
11= When male coworkers of the same age keep getting married 35.6
11= When I get chatted up less and less 35.6
14= When I feel I?m getting invited to less go-kon dating parties 33.9
14= When people express concern at drinking parties by saying ?Don?t worry, you?re still young!? 33.9
16 When I feel that my pet is cuter that girls 32.2
17 When there is no-one to enjoy Christmas, etc, with 30.5
18 When I start wishing I could find a young virgin 28.8
19 When my parents say ?You shouldn?t be so particular!? 27.1
20 When I buy a flat, other major purchase by myself 22.0
Read more on: gender,goo ranking,marriage

Permalink

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WhatJapanThinks/~3/v2gtJQ4DCt8/

bo jackson hanukkah justin tv justin tv Sarah Savage Jaimie Alexander Army Navy Game

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন